Dear State Leader,
The Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) continues to provide guidance to assist employees and employers with maintaining safe and healthy working conditions during the coronavirus pandemic. This guidance will be particularly useful as states continue to re-open. We have collected below a list of existing documents, both general and industry-specific, for your use.
General Guidance for All Workers and Employers
Both OSHA and CDC regularly update their webpages with reopening guidance relevant to the business community. We encourage you to regularly check for updated guidance at:
OSHA has also released general guidance for preparing workplaces for COVID-19:
For all workers, regardless of specific exposure risks, it is always a good practice to:
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When soap and running water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands that are visibly soiled.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice good respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if sick.
- Recognize personal risk factors. According to U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), certain people, including older adults and those with underlying conditions such as heart or lung disease or diabetes, are at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19.
Industry-Specific Guidance Documents
In addition to the general guidance above, OSHA frequently issues specific guidance tailored to specific industries. To date, OSHA has released specific guidance for the following industries:
- Stockroom and Loading Dock Workers (Spanish)
- Social Distancing at Work (Spanish)
- Nursing Home and Long Term Care Facility Workers (Spanish)
- Retail Pharmacies (Spanish)
- Rideshare, Taxi, and Car Service Workers (Spanish)
- Dental Practitioners (Spanish)
- Restaurants & Beverage Vendors Offering Takeout or Curbside Pickup (Spanish)
- Construction Workforce (Spanish)
- Manufacturing Industry Workforce (Spanish)
- Package Delivery Workforce (Spanish)
- Retail Workers (Spanish)
- Prevent Worker Exposure to Coronavirus (COVID-19) (Spanish)