877-824-7038 (in Texas only, toll-free)
512-463-1252 (outside of Texas)
The hotline gives the public access to up-to-the-minute information including:
- Current status of Texas legislation
- Legislative processes in Texas
- Contact information for legislative members and other elected officials
- Guidelines on how to obtain a copy of a bill
- Addresses for legislative and governmental websites and toll-free telephone numbers
Hotline staff cannot, however, interpret a piece of legislation, transfer a call to a member’s office, or read the text of a bill to a caller (beyond the caption).
The hotline is available during the regular legislative session. Regular legislative sessions begin on the second Tuesday of January in each odd-numbered year and last through the end of the session, 140 calendar days later.